Saturday, August 29, 2009

I love a great design




I recently had a bit of a dry spell when it comes to new and interesting jewelry designs. I spent a good two weeks sitting at my beading table, staring blankly at trays and trays of beautiful beads. I have too many beads, I must admit. It has become quite daunting, and I feel that I have so many I don't know where to start. So I spent my days organizing the beads by color, then by style, then by size; hoping that a new and interesting design would somehow appear right before my eyes. I then picked up a rather cluttered basket of various freshwater, stick, and keishi pearls that I picked up at a bead show in Santa Fe earlier in the year. I have rarely touched them and I was somehow hoarding them for some great design that I just knew would come about at some point. Then it hits me. I need something black and white. I need a pretty piece that will appeal to ladies such as myself who have way too many black tops in their closet. I laid out some petite, white keishi pearls, a faceted teardrop onyx briolette, and a few jet black Swarovski crystals. I love the combination of crystals and pearls. What I put together was a very classy piece that reminded me of a feminine tuxedo. I love it when a great design comes together out of nowhere. This piece is so pretty, so classic, and hopefully one of your favorites as it is definitely one of mine!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Who's Enjoying My Jewelry

Who's enjoying my jewelry?
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    How Many Have Been Here

    Guest Book